Main opposition New Democracy (ND) leader Kyriakos Mitsotakis will present the party’s proposals for the revision of the Constitution to ND’s parliamentary group on Tuesday. Mitsotakis is also expected to criticise the positions and the policies of the government.
According to sources, the proposal, among others, will include:
– A stable election cycle and disengagement of the national elections from the election of the President
– State modernisation with increased guarantees to combat bureaucracy
– Strengthening of the autonomy, role and responsibilities of local government
– Shielding the independence of Justice
– Provisions that strengthen the country’s growth potential by ensuring a stable tax and investment environment
– Strengthening the autonomy of public universities and establishing private ones.
– Establishing effective evaluation and meritocracy at all levels of public administration