“New Democracy (ND) has its own development plan, which will be judged by the Greek people, and if the Greek people show confidence in it, it will be applied immediately from the next day after the elections,” ND leader Kyriakos Mitsotakis said on Thursday.
Referring to the programme, he said that the reduction in taxes and social security contributions was at the heart of ND’s policy platform and specificallyhe spoke about:
– Reducing income tax to 20 pct within two years.
– Reducing dividend taxation to 5 pct within two years.
– Reducing ENFIA by 30 pct.
– An introductory tax rate of 9 pct.
– Reducing VAT on restaurants from 24 pct to 13 pct.
These measures will be implemented immediately, Mitsotakis said, and if the economy gets ahead, through a big wave of investments, as he hopes, without risking the achievement of the targets, he will proceed to a further reduction of taxes in four years.