Dimitris Tzanakopoulos: Government will clash with interest on tackling illegally built homes

Government spokesman Dimitris Tzanakopoulos said that Greece has received hundreds of applications for aid from fire victims on Tuesday.

In a press briefing, Tzanakopoulos said that by 4 pm, 429 applications for aid had been handed in at the four help centers set up for fire victims in Rafina, Marathon, Kineta and the Infrastructure Ministry.

The phone line (210-6247000) for fire victims has been set up also started operating on Tuesday, helping answer questions regarding the Infrastructure Ministry and the tax office.

The government spokesman went on to say that the government is prepared to clash with interests and demolish illegally built homes to prevent future catastrophes.

The government’s priority is a list of 2,500 illegally built homes in forest areas and another 685 homes without permits in beach areas in the Attica area.

Tzanakopoulos also highlighted that procedures will be as quick as possible, adding that Environment and Energy Minister George Stathakis will have more information on Wednesday on the list of illegal dwellings.

Source ANA-MPA
You might also like

Comments

The Greek Observer considers that every reader has the right to express their opinions freely. However, we explicitly emphasize that The Greek Observers’ editorial team does not adopt user opinions. Please express your opinions in a decent manner. Comments that include, insults will be deleted by the team and the users will be banned from commenting.