Two children injured by falling ceiling fan in classroom

Two primary school children were injured when a ceiling fan in their classroom came loose and fell during a lesson at the 5th Thessaloniki Primary School, parents reported on Friday. According to the head of the parents’ association Maria Fafouti, the falling blades cut one of the children in the neck.

“I consider this a serious accident,” she said, pointing out that it had happened within the classroom and that things could have been much worse if it had fallen on a child’s head. Parents have also complained about the poor state of repair of the building, where an entire section was closed off as dangerous but was still easily accessible to children.

The parents of the injured child have reported the incident to the police but have not yet proceeded to sue, Thessaloniki police said.

Source ANA-MPA
You might also like

Comments

The Greek Observer considers that every reader has the right to express their opinions freely. However, we explicitly emphasize that The Greek Observers’ editorial team does not adopt user opinions. Please express your opinions in a decent manner. Comments that include, insults will be deleted by the team and the users will be banned from commenting.