Tourists from non-EU countries need an international licence to rent vehicles in Greece

Tourists from the USA, China, Australia and Canada that are visiting Greece can only rent a car or other vehicle if they have a national driving licence and a valid international driving licence with them, the director of the Rental Car Tourist Businesses Association Anna Vlahava said on Monday. Owners of businesses that rent cars in Greece refuse to rent cars to tourists from countries outside the EU when they do not have the necessary driving documents, she warned.

” In case of a police check, Greek authorities will impose a fine on both the driver and the business that rented the vehicle, while the car or motorcycle will be confiscated if the driver does not have the required driving licence,” Vlahava said to the Athens Macedonian News Agency.

Source ANA-MPA
You might also like


The Greek Observer considers that every reader has the right to express their opinions freely. However, we explicitly emphasize that The Greek Observers’ editorial team does not adopt user opinions. Please express your opinions in a decent manner. Comments that include, insults will be deleted by the team and the users will be banned from commenting.